Friday, August 15, 2008

'That's Gross."

Alright, I know I rant about a lot of things but this is definitely in my list of top five topics that make me wish I had an inhaler.

So I’m sitting in the lunch room:

Girl reading the newspaper: Oh my god did you read this? About that horse that went to the slaughterhouse after it lost only one race?

Me: Um yeah that’s gross.

GRN: That’s soo disgusting, like seriously does anyone eat that?

This girl then proceeds to take a giant mouthful of beef stew.

I know there’s a whole psychological thing with animals that have been domesticated, but I will never understand how eating one type of meat is gross but if you buy another type in a grocery store it’s completely fine. It’s all flesh and it’s all disgusting.

Another thing that really pisses me off are people who acknowledge how disgusting and vile the slaughtering process is but then say ‘I just don’t want to think about it’ or ‘I just can’t sit through videos of that stuff’. If you can’t bear to watch footage of what your diet is supporting then you shouldn’t be supporting it. Period.

I think these videos should be shown in schools:
http://www.goveg.com/ui_cows.asp

No comments: